Friday, October 17, 2008

Beginning our Blogging Adventure!

Hello everybody! This is Megan and I took the initiative to start our family's blog. My mom and I love looking at family and friend's blogs so we decided it was time to jump onto the blogging bandwagon. A lot has been going on in our lives lately so we will do a brief update on our adventures.

Matt has been out on his mission for about 5 months now! My mom thinks that it has been about the longest 5 months of her life! :) We all miss him a lot, but he is doing really well. He is currently serving in El Paso, Texas. He has mentioned a few times how grateful he is to be on this side of the border. There are a lot of scary things happening in Juarez, Mexico right now. Anyway, just the other day, a sweet lady from the ward he is attending emailed my dad some cute pictures of Matt and his companions! This family had the missionaries over to eat after a baptism earlier in the day. We were so excited to get these pictures...so here they are for everyone to see! He still looks like the same ol' Matt!


I am very busy with cheerleading. Football season is well underway and the games are beginning to get very intense! This last week, Sky View played rival high school Mountain Crest in a heated battle! The final score was MC 41 to SV 38...a sad loss in overtime! But despite the sad outcome, the games have been lots of fun to cheer at and my family is so supportive and comes to almost all of them! Here are a few pictures of my cheer experience so far this year. Also, I'm including a picture from the Homecoming Dance! :)


Also, I just finished performing in a community musical of "High School Musical On Stage". Now, this sounds a little lame, but it was honestly very fun! I had the role of Taylor McKessie so I got a chance to have speaking lines and singing solos! It was my first lead I have ever had in a musical so it was such a good experience. I made so many friends and the shows turned out wonderful! In fact, a man even asked us what city we were going to next, thinking that we were the touring company! :) That was quite the compliment. Here are a few photos of the musical...

A few of us during cast call
"Chad Danforth" and "Taylor McKessie"
"Taylor McKessie", "Kelsi Nielsen", "Gabriella Montez", "Sharpay Evans"
A bunch of the leads playing around after rehearsal
All of the leads and our director

Aaron and Jared are busy with sports, sports, and oh did I mention sports?! That is their life these days. Between football and basketball with all the practices and games, it sure keeps my mom on her toes. She is a good "sports" mom and faithfully goes to all of their games. They are doing very well on their teams. Jared played tackle football for the first time this year and loved it! He would always say "it's just so fun to hit people!" He played the position of center because he was THE only kid on the team who could hike the ball! Aaron also played football this year but he decided he just wanted to play flag. He has quite the arm on him and was always playing the position of quarterback! He is very accurate. He also played pitcher on his baseball team this summer. They both are involved in fall basketball too. So here are some pictures of the boys and their sports. But along with their constant sports diet, they are both doing excellent in school, attend scouts, and are learning to play the piano...I am very pleased about that! :)

Jared's football pictures
Aaron pitching this summer


So there is our little family update. Marja and Greg are doing very well and keep busy with the craziness of life! It never seems to slow down. We are grateful to have a missionary out right now because he gives us such inspiring letters and those really help us throughout the week. Halloween is just around the corner and so our creative juices are starting to brew...we have got to get some costume ideas! :) Anyway, my goal is to teach my parents, specifically my mom, how to handle the blog but until then, I will try keeping this updated!

No comments: